Sunday, April 24, 2005

Audra K. - Arabica - Open Mic - Bloging - Email

Hi All Y'all!

Who is out there:
Uhm, actually, I have very little idea who "All Y'all" might even be .. I get so little 'real' email anymore, I get a HUGE pile of bullshit SPAM like every single day and it sucks. I so rarely get an email from someone who has looked at my site and has something to say about it or otherwise just found it usefull, shanggers, maybe it's just not as usefull as I would like it to be!! If you are a reader of my site, please drop me an email line or two just to let me know that you are 'out there'.

Audra Kubat:
For the first time in a very long time I have had a few minutes on the phone with Ms. Kubat and found out that she has just recently released her brand new album!!! If you surf on over to timesbeachrecords.com you will find a tiny picture and a couple of sample mp3 files - I have only just downloaded them and will listen to them later on this evening.

Blogging:
I have only begun to write in my blog again just recently - I was way out of the habit for a long time. And then I rigged up that bit of javascript to show the headlines on my homw page and I think that has helped me to motivate - however, still a huge problem with the script in that the Netscape browser will not show display the headlines and I seriously am completely baffeled as to why this little bit of script won't display the headlines in the netscape browser, if you think you can help please send me a line.

Open Mic and the Arabica Empire:
Ok, for what seems like awhile now I have been meaning to offer a round up of the open mic events in and around town, and even though it might be impossible to get a complete list I have what I think is a pretty good and useful list - there are some new ones coming online at all of these Arabica Cafe's around town:

ARABICA BEDFORD 720 BROADWAY 440-439-0555
Thursday Night Open Mic 7PM with host Dave Terry

ARABICA CLEVELAND 818 E. 185TH STREET 216-486-7777
Saturday Open Mic 8PM no host specified

ARABICA CLEVELAND HTS. 2209 LEE ROAD 216-321-0761
Tuesday Open Mic 8PM with host Charlie Mosbrook back at the helm of things - a particularly notable open mic event with Charlie Mosbrook one of the elder statesmen of open mic and a fine
singer songwriter

ARABICA BROADVIEW 7462 BROADVIEW ROAD 216-520-4437
Thursday Night Open Mic at (no specific time was listed) with host Alan Studt

ARABICA RICHFIELD 4174 WHEATLEY ROAD RICHFIELD 330-659-2030
Thursday Open Mic at 7PM no host specified

ARABICA SHEFFIELD VILLAGE 5322 ABBE ROAD LORAIN 440-934-0900
These guys just ran an ad in one of the local music rags indicating that they were looking for music

ARABICA PARMA HEIGHTS 6285 PEARL ROAD 440-886-6648
These guys just ran an ad in one of the local music rags indicating that they were looking for music

And that about does it for the Arabica cafe's there are probably a few more but these are the ones that I see advertised.

At any rate, I need to get going here tonight - again, please email me with any questions about the music scene at the University Circle Arabica - and dont forget we have Ms. Racheal Sage coming to the cafe for a couple of sets this wednesday April 27 - this is a free show - all ages - smoking and non - non-alchoholic - free wireless internet

gOODbye forNOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment