Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Formula, Dandy Warhols, Moby, Cold!!

I re-visited Tim Fry's Formula MySpace page tonight - to give yet another listen to the new recordings - and I see he lists the Dandy Warhols as a friend! Wow, cool, and now that I see it, I understand the connection, I wonder how long Tim and his gang have been listening to the Dandy's? Courtney Taylor used to play drums in Neros Rome, another PDX outfit from waaay out of the past, man, I never thought much of them at all, but they were popular, I guess. A rare example of a talented drummer re-inventing himself as a guitar slinger vocalist song writer and fronting a success full band. Anyway, in my humble opinion, The Formula leans slightly more towards Roky Erickson than they do the Velvet Underground or Lou Reed, but again, the connection has been made. For some reason, these clicks led me over to Moby's MySpace page and as I write this I am listening to the big wonderful arrangements that he composes, I have been listening to PLAY a whole bunch lately, my daughter likes it too. Anyhow, I am gonna go to bed, its soooo cooooold in my place, brrrrr. If you read this, please visit my web page, thanks, there is some new stuff up.

No comments:

Post a Comment