Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hi There

Been Working a Day Job for months now. Good money but can't seem to keep much of it. Bought some Roman Coins on EBAY and have been trying to patiently clean and identify them - tonight finally attributed a GALLIENVSAVG that I had been staring at through my magnifying glass for the past few weeks! Very exciting and I hope a few of the others turn out to be attributable. I have really tried several techniques to clean them quickly and have had mostly poor results with: Electrocution - CLR - sand paper (yup, sand paper) - soap - water - have ruined more than a few coins with these ridiculous techniques, sand paper is especially harsh. Anyhow, the rest of em (the better ones) are peacefully resting in Olive Oil, I read somewhere that some fellow has left em' in for as long as two full years. I probably won't have that much patience!! If I ever get a decent camera I will post some photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment