Monday, October 06, 2003

DEMO/HOME RECORDING:

This weekend I made a relatively quick demo recording of "Time for Getting Stoned". I am sure some of you have heard me play this song more than a few times, it's one of my favorites, written by my friend Mitch Fraas (Portland OR). It was time well spent at the PC, I had fun and managed to nail some 'real good' 3 part harmony voice tracks. Also played three entirely separate acoustic lead tracks, mixing em up in the post production. It turns out the three entirely seperate lead tracks sound real good mixed up together! It's very strange. Will be submitting the song to the MP3 site this week and it should turn up by next week.

GOOD, BETTER, AND BEST
I am trying to determine which of the 17 or so 'home recordings' that I have put together so far sound, uhm you know, 'the best' and I think I have narrowed the feild down to about 7 or 8 tunes that will go onto the 'OFFICIAL STEVE2 DEMO DISK' - if you have one of the recent 'experimental' limited edition test burns (there were only five (5) CD's with the custom one of a kind hand colored Steve2 graphics that included the Tim Fry/Steve2 recordings) then you have heard most of the stuff that has been recorded so far at Studio 501. I figure no more than 7 or 8 songs will go on the REALLY REAL OFFICIAL STEVE2 DEMO DISK and so far the real standouts, you know, are the recordings with the best vocal performances. The nice vocal performances and simple guitar work good together.

At any rate, I have submitted the current demo disk (with waaaay to many songs on it) to a few folks for consideration in an effort to get some live shows around town (one went to the Enclave and the other went to the Arabica out on the West Side).

A REALLY REAL LIVE SHOW
I don't have a band or even a real consistent duo or trio thing yet. So the question in regards to a live show is 'how to create more sound and more excitement?'. Though the recordings are simple enough, there are still multiple parts - lots of lead guitar stuff - I am hoping that I can get a few of my associates out to some gigs - once I secure some dates - to fill out the sound a little. No practice sessions are planned at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment