Monday, October 20, 2003

Had a great weekend, went on Friday to meet a few new musician friends and we had a good jam session together - the gang were gracious enough to supply a sweeeeeet bass guitar for me to play - an old Gibson Artist series, maybe a Destiny or something like that? It was sweet, real nice to play with the action setup so very low that until the instrument warmed up the high G string was buzzing against the frets, after the beauty warmed up a bit it was just as nice to play as she could be! And what a great goup of people to jam with too! See, awhile back (abut a week ago) I had walked up to Ohio City to get my haircut at the barber college (only 4 dollars) only to find it closed - sigh - so I parked myself a Great Lakes for a beer and then went around the corner to the Glass Bubble Project and wow what a sweet space with nice hot glass kilns and two really cool guys Chris (the main operator fellow) and another guy Adam - they were gracious hosts, offering a beer and inviting me to play the House Guitar - very cool people. So, no sooner had we broken the ice than Chris was suggesting that he knew of a group of guys who were seeking a bass player - well, my interest was piqued and I was on the phone with Jason Richardson and invited to the very jam I am writing about here - and was it ever fun, Drew is a guitar player singer songwriter and Jennifer is a great violin player. Matt the drummer was real nice to play with the whole gang was great fun and I hope to see them again soon

No comments:

Post a Comment