Friday, April 09, 2004

Westlake's My Generation is closing it's doors!

I spoke with my friend Scott Krauss today - he has been the manager of My Generation in Westlake for a couple years after working for a very long time at Record Revolution up in Coventry - and he tells me that they are closing the doors and going out of business as of April 25th! I guess the CD resale business isn't what it used to be and is surely suffering the effects of the downturn in the general economy - or maybe its piracy and CD burning - anyones guess as to what the 'real' problem is, I always thought My Generation had a decent corner on the market out there in Westlake with literally tonnes of used CD's to browse through. My condolences to those hipsters who have been scratching out a living working out there, I guess you will all be moving onto the next gig. And what the heck happens to all that inventory??

Well, it's my guess that there are some pretty hot deals out there right now on DVD's, new and used CD's all that good stuff has got to be marked down as low as they can get it in an effort to get it out the door, probably worth a trip out there to or give em a call to see if they have what you are looking for:

My Generation
25947 Detroit Rd
Westlake, OH 44145-2426
(440) 871-5586



No comments:

Post a Comment