Monday, September 13, 2004

Yo! You might appreciate a little poetry and also some insight into my personal history. I am giving you just a little here and only a little, this poem is a cool lil' ART-tifact from my past, it was written by my one-time wife Michelle T. (now my lovely ex-wife) and as one of several "Poetry on the Buses" winners it hung inside Seattle buses for a long while, riding around the city being read and re-read by I am sure hundreds of people:



"You take on the shape of the things you swallow. Be careful of people who are kites, who make you rise so sweet, tangle you in trees & wires: the same shocks that give you ecstacy can steal your life. Swallow horses if you feel strong enough to gallop for miles across landscapes,tossing your mane in the sun. What I am saying is: you are what you eat. Eat oceans. Eat the moon with your eyes, the wind with your skin. Do not eat too much. Do not be so full you cannot swim the rivers or wake when it is time. Better yet, take the world into you in smallest bites, only what you need. Leave the rest. You take on the shape of the things you swallow. Swallow rainbows. They suit you. Swallow love."

I met Michelle in front of a 'Kinkos' copy shop way back in the summer of 1997 in Seattle WA on University Way. How time flies.


No comments:

Post a Comment