Sunday, July 03, 2005

Manitoulin Island and the Wilson 100 Acre Woods

Camping with 40 youths, although fun and challenging, wasn't my cup of tea (was a complicated journey) and I split camp about 4 days ago after a bit of unresolvable tension with one of the junior staff members.

I travelled to my families original homestead site on the Manitoulin Island (my great grandfather Charlie Wilson's 100 Acre Farm traipsing up there in my flip flops) and I took what turned out to be 25 really excellent pictures of the farm on a 12 dollar disposable camera, heh. The place is rather remote and in-accesible and has no water view - and there are several deer blinds. There are three or four big stone piles and two dilapidated farm buildings. There were two great big Blue Herons flying around. It was nice to see the place first hand, I have carried an old picture of it in my wallet for years.

Anyhow, I know this little briefing leaves out a ton of details, nonetheless I have since travelled to The Sault Saint Marie and I have been visiting with some of my Canadian relatives.

More later ...

No comments:

Post a Comment