Friday, December 30, 2005

Parking on Clifton can be a major bummer

Today I was working away on my blog and my website (making them look like the same design, an idea my friend Ryan Smith turned me onto as he had commented that my blog and web site looked like 'two different sites' and they did until today) and I was totaly immersed, making some progress, just completely oblivious to everything when all a sudden like WHAM! it dawned on me (at 5pm - brrr) that my car was still parked (or, gulp, not parked) on the NORTH side of Clifton!! At 5PM!!! Shit, I super panicked, pulled on my coat and shoes and rushed out the door to find my car not there where I had parked it, it had been towed/stolen away! I was instantly enveloped in a big grey foggy bummer cloud. Sigh. So I went for a walk, a long one, I bought some groceries, I got a couple movies, and I asked a fellow at the local gas station who he thought might have my car, he thought he knew, so I called Baker Motors - and sure enough they had taken my car! And they told me thay had broken into it (with the Lakewood Police standing by naturally) in order to release my emergency brake. How thoughtful of them Baker goons to break into my car and release the brake before stealing it away! Dang. So, I owe these Baker goon guys about a hundred bucks - cash only - to get my car back. I am pissed off, heh. However, this is an EXCELLENT time to remind myself (and I suppose I am reminding you as well, whoever you are, my one or two readers) just how vigilant one must be in this world in order to avoid becoming a victim of The Man. The government and the police state can do any fuckin' thing they want to, let's not forget that for even a minute. This is a tiny and stupid simple example, and yeah I am a fuggin dumb shit for lettin' my car get towed, but still this is a nonetheless notable reminder that I live in a freaking DESPOTIC AUTOCRACY...ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment