Friday, December 30, 2005

Why I hate and kinda like MySpace

Lately I have been surfing MySpace but I don't really like MySpace. I like Sonic Bids. I like Itunes better. I like a WHOLE LOT OF SITES way more than MySpace. And it's not nearly as cool as the old Mp3.Com site was, and if you ask me the design is clunky. It's just kinda ugly and chunky and square and it has those TERRIBLE little ads for the emoticons - gawd, what a mess. I am SO SURE that the rulers of MySpace are making a TON OF CASH from the emoticon ads alone! And now they have a fuggin RECORD LABEL - whaddayya know bout that! However, there is no denying the shear power and membership at work there, and I have found a few cool Ohio Artists and I want to share them with you:

Boris Yell Son: This fellow has posted some nice simple lil' guitar and voice type tunes on his site, and it sounds like he can write songs.

Chittlin': This chick sounds molasses sweet, deep water cool, and silver polished for her age, must be a gene of some sort, prolly is, her brother is a top notch blue grass guy (see the next link) and anyhow, lil' chittlin here mentions in her blog that she hired Patrick Sweaney to play on her recordings! Dang, it's pretty darned cool if you even know who Pat Sweaney is.

David Mayfield: This is the blue grassy summer heat right here! Yeehaaa! And this is that lil' chittlin's older brother, they have a family blue grass band.

Dave Edwards: I like the recordings he has posted, relaxed stuff, simple with focus.

I gotta say again though how much I dislike the MySpace and people have just GLOMMED onto it like the second comming of christ. Oh well. I guess I wish I had invented myspace.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that's righteous that you discovered Chittlin'. I met her and her brother (who is also on myspace and is *amazingly* talented: David "Bassboy" Mayfield) a few months ago at an open mic in Akron. David hosts it, actually. Both are really nice folks, and very talented.

    ~Starlie~
    (Emerald Frequency)

    ReplyDelete