Thursday, March 16, 2006

OPEN MIKES AT U.C.A. MARCH & APRIL 06

Ok, the U.C.A. Open Mike schedule is outa whack right now, it has to be that way...it's a flexable type deal-e-o, I like things a little flexible at just this time.

It was that we had open mike night on the first and third wednesdays - at least for AWHILE that is the way it was - change being the order of the day - so, we are having Open Mike Night at U.C.A. this WEDNESDAY MARCH 29 and that is the way it is.

Be there or be square!

And then in APRIL we will have a little different schedule for open mike night - we will hold open mic on the SECOND and FOURTH WEDNESDAYS IN APRIL -- in order to accomdate a couple of N.Y. artists who will be coming through the cafe on WEDNESDAY APRIL 19TH: ALLISON TARTALIA & RHONDA EVERITT so, we will have our open mic night on wednesday april 12 and wednesday april 26. Mark these very important open mic dates on your open mike calendar.

P.S.: We recently 'fixed' a nice ole 12 inch P.A. speaker we had sitting around - so we have just a little bit more umph for our open mic night now, with two nice speakers instead of just one - c'mon in and give our cafe a whirl!!!

See you at U.C.A. for OPEN MIKE NIGHT!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steve -

    I recently relocated to Rochester, NY after having decided that the roommate opportunity in San Fran was a bit "funky". I was offered what was basically a cubbyhole off the living room of a woman whom I hardly know; an alcoholic ex- exotic dancer with a volatile personality. It was disappointing, however, as my music is received in SF better than anywhere else and I love performing there.

    I've relocated to Rochester, NY. You're welcome to stay here anytime if you're gigging here or just passing through!

    111 Averill Ave. Roch. NY 14620
    585-232-5592

    Another thing I wanted to mention before I close - when I originally planned my CD I thought about acknowledging all musicians who helped me, as well as recording venues (in 3 different cities - S.F., Rochester ,and the Arabica). I thought so much info would clog the CD, so I left everything out.

    However, knowing you, as well as seeing how thoroughly you acknowledged everyone on the 1st Arabica live production, as well as directed people to websites, etc., I figured it may have bothered you that my CD had no such acknowledgements. Actually, after considering this, it bothered ME. It seemed kind of selfish.

    So, if and when I get more copies made (they're all gone now), I am going to acknowledge all musicians, all Recording Studios, as well as the Arabica venue, acknowledging you and Adam, as well as post your websites. I'll also send you a copy. Another thing, the version of "Sushi" from the Arabica CD will have a circled P production copyright to you and Adam, as this version is property of UC Arabica. That being said, I'll also add that I didn't sell any of them; they were all given away.

    Anyways, I've babbbled long enough - I see from your web site lots of great music is cooking at Arabica. Best of luck to you in all you do and please call me if you come to Rochester. I don't know when I'll get back to Cleveland at this point. Take Care, Terry

    P.S. I'm on-line now!! Finally entered the 21st Century!

    ReplyDelete