Friday, January 30, 2004

I am pleased to report that the Rocky River Arabica Wednesday Night Open Mic Series for January was an overall success, if only for those of us who showed up to play and enjoy each others company.

We had a great first Wednesday with several performers showing up to play, but attendance tapered off until this last Wednesday when it was only Tim Fry and I playing the entire two hours – and we liked it that way because we LOVE to play our guitars. And that is one of the main reasons to even have an Open Mic night, simply to get together in a nice space with a few people who’s company and playing you enjoy. Not that it is as simple as just that, there must be a thousand reasons why people attend and enjoy a good Open Mic night – and I would like to hear from any of those of you who are interested in supplying any of you own reasons to enjoy and Open Mic, send me an email!

Several people have asked me if the Open Mic night is going to continue into the next month and the coming months and I don’t have a firm yes or no answer at this time but I should be able to produce one within the next week or so, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment