Friday, January 13, 2006

Century Tavern Open Mic: Going Strong!!

Hi, this past Thursday night I went off in my lil' speedy car to North Ridgeville (up Center Ridge Road bout 14 miles from Lakewood) to see my friend Chris Nekvinda and his Century Tavern and I was pleasenty surprised to find that the Open Mic is no longer restricted to 7-9pm as it had been followed by Karaoke at 9pm - Open Mic now starts at about 8 and goes into the evening until .... uhm ... whenever? That much at least wasn't clear, after several songs and several beers and several conversations I had to get goin' but not until it was already past 11 thirty and the party was still kickin and Chris was tending bar! He is amazing, he just jumps out from behind the bar and KICKS OUT THE JAMS then goes back and pours more beer until late late - then I imagine he gets up early and goes to his day job - he is a hard cat, and a very talented performer/songwriter no doubt about it and this is a SWEET ROOM to play into and Chris brings a NICE FENDER PA with great sound so c'mon out and jam this open mic!!

My friend Jeff Guhde and I played out in Willoughby tonight at the Johny Malloys and it was real good, a fine crowd of happy hour folks who were good listeners considering that this place is a 'Sports Bar' with about a hundred TV screens (well, I am exagerating a little). Tim the owner wants to bring in acoustic music and so bingo the Open Mic on Monday nights with Jim Snively - and some weekend music. Jeff Guhde will be releasing his first pro CD sometime in FEB and he plays a solo set at Barking Spider on MON JAN 23

Singer Songwriters Rebbeca Wohlever and Ashley Toussant will play back-to-back solo sets of woman powered folk deliciousness UCA in FEB on FRI 3

1 comment:

  1. so, i'm totally late in my reply to this, but i just found your blog mentioning starloft. thanks for the plug! =)
    jennifer
    www.starloft.com

    ReplyDelete